Thursday, June 26, 2008

What a DAY!!

I know that most of you reading this are mom’s – today is a day that requires a blog post! A day in the life of a MOTHER OF 3!!

So, I worked last night and didn’t wake up for the day until 2 pm! (Sounds nice, but it’s about 4-5 hours of sleep!) When I woke up Bri, Bo and I decided to play Monopoly Jr. – Bri creamed me and Bo! I had bought treats at the store we forgot about – I got out a Hershey bar and KitKat for Bo and Bri to share. Because the Hershey bar was divided differently Bri was insisting that it wasn’t divided equally?! Bo and I thought this was hilarious and I took the opportunity for a photo! It was around this time when Bri told me I had yellow teeth - I laughed and she said, “No really Mom! You have yellow teeth!”



Meanwhile, my nephew, Vince had a bout of the flu and threw up all over our couch! My kids were freaking out over the throw up! Bella also crawled into the dishwasher several times! She’s getting very busy!


We ran to Giant’s (the grocery store out here) to return our Red Box (do you all know about free Red Box Monday’s?). I had to get ONE bottle of salad dressing! We have never been to Giant’s without Bri having to use the bathroom! She bawled through the whole time begging me to take here potty. Nominate me for Mother of the Year! People around us were giving me the meanest looks as Bri said, “Please Mom – I’m going to pee my pants! I NEED to go PEE!” I made her wait until we got home (a 5 minute drive). What a mean mom!

When we got home we all went outside to look for lightning bugs! They are the neatest bugs – they literally light up in the dark. Bri said, “I wish I was girl lightning bug!” Bri wanted me to lift her up to climb the tree (by this time it was dark – about 9 pm). She nearly fell out of the tree but I caught her and lowered her to the ground – right into a pile of dog poop! I felt in all over my feet – it spread quickly all over Bri and I. Bri was hysterical! We ran home – stripped Bri outside (by this time it was on her belly and everything!) and got in the shower! Bri said, “Dog diarrhea is WAY worser then woman diarrhea!” While we were in the shower Bri told me, “Mom, I think you are going to have a boy baby! You look fat like you’re having a baby!”

I got Bella in with me after we were cleaned up – she loved her first shower! I decided to leave her in an empty bathtub with toys while a got dressed! When I came to get her she had POOPED in the tub (no water in it) – and was eating the corn out of her poop with a pink fork! I’m not kidding! I was laughing so hard I was crying! When Mike got home Bella stood up by herself over and over – she also gave kiss after kiss after kiss! In his prayers Bo said, “Please bless my dad to get more sales then Uncle Jeff tomorrow!” WHAT A DAY!

18 comments:

Aleisha said...

Oh my goodness. What an eventful day you had. I am glad you can laugh about it though. That is a sign of a great Mom!

Erin said...

This is an awesome post.

Marie Holmes said...

I laughed out loud when it came to the corn in the poop! Oh how I relate to days like those! Good thing you have a good sense of humor. I'm so relieved to know I'm not the only one who has been accused of being pregnant. The only thing is, they have a lot more reason to think that about me than your kids do about you! Thanks for a great laugh today.
Love, Mer

The Dennison Family (All 4 of us!) said...

Ness! You had tears running down my cheaks...what a great mom you are. I enjoy catching up on your fun times while you are away.

Whitney Marie said...

Oh my goodness how funny! Me and Brook busted up laughing when we read the eating corn out of the poop part! but wow i commend you for being able stand all of that in one day and STILl being able to laugh about it! haha but miss you guys a ton! Sunday dinner really is NOT the same without you all!! Love ya and wish you the best!!
- whit & brook

jeny said...

It happens to the best of us!!!:)

Rhi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhi said...

Okay, that was funny. I'm at work and I keep laughing at the computer. They think I'm crazy! Super funny! And you'd think you get away from poop when you leave work!

Rachel Doyle said...

Ness - oh my!! What a day indeed -- I hope you get some sleep and "rest".

Laura and her boys! said...

Oh my gosh girl! I thought my dragging Tayler (literally) to scout camp was bad. You totally take the cake with this blog. Holy cow! You do get the mother of the year award from me.

Brad and Genis Barben said...

Here I am reading your post outside laughing out load to myself while the lawn guy is here (at my mom's). I couldn't contain myself. No question you're a good mom if you can still laugh after a day like that! We love ya lots!!!

Lacey said...

Wow!! You're amazing to go through all that and still be laughing....although how could you not laugh to see them eating from their poop! Hilarious!! Sounds like it was a fun poop-filled day! Ha Ha!!

M & J said...

Erin posted a link on her blog to yours, and I am so glad, cause I did not want to miss this post! It was great! So funny! I have so much to look forward to!!! lol.

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

I can't believe it! i don't know if i could ever handle 3 kids (2 is a handful). You are such a good mommy, hang in there:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my--I was laughng out loud! So, so funny! I must agree, 3 kids are a handful! I am glad someone else has bad days too :)!

Your kids are darling--they say the cutest things!

P.S. You'll be so glad you recorded this day--it will keep you laughing for years ;)!

Bret and Jake said...

ha ha you guys are sure having alot of fun i want to go up there. hope you guys have a good 4th of july tell every one we said hi

Steph said...

Um, I'm speechless! Laura told me about his post a while back, she said, "you've gotta read Vanessa's post about her crazy day!" She was not exaggerating! Too much poop for one day I think! No worries though, my kids keep wondering when the baby in my stomach will finally come out!

Reese Gang said...

What a crack up! I'm glad I'm not the only mom who has had days like these. One of my bad days consisted of Dani pooping on the carpet & smearing it on the wall. YUCK. Another day the girls got a container of vaseline and rubbed it into the carpet. I see the evidence of that every day because it won't come out.