Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bo runs his first 5K!


At the beginning of the summer we made a checklist of things we wanted to accomplish this summer - on the top of Bo's list: run a 5K! He checked that one off tonight after many days of training with his Aunt Tam (love ya Tam!) They often run around our apartments or in the gym here at our apartments! Bo was the youngest person in the race and we traveled the farthest to run it!
It was a beautiful run - right along the river in Wilmington - the kids were SO good while we waited. The weather couldn't have been better! Bo ran with our cousin Mandy Barben and two other APX wives - Jess and Courtney (see their blogs on my list)! Right before the race Bo said, "Mom, my stomach feels funny!"
Tam thought it would take about 45 minutes for them to finish the 5K - they finished in 36 minutes! AMAZING time! Tam told Bo he could sprint once he hit the sidewalk - check out the video we attached!
I LOVE my Bodie - way to go! This is a BIG accomplishment for any 7 year old, but I feel even more proud that my Bo with his asthma could accomplish this (and want to run another one!) We are planning for the 5K at Swiss Days in September - any takers?!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Grandma Julie said...

WAY TO GO BO!!!! What an accomplishment for you... Bo you are the most awesome little boy I know. You are so kind and thoughful...to everyone. You have the biggest heart. I just know that someday you are going to grow up and be a great man...keep setting your goals Bo. I love you.

Zac-ShaunaFamily said...

Bo, You Rock. I am so proud of you. After watching the video, you even beat a lot of adults. You're awesome. Your favorite neighbor, Zac

Jordan and Mandy said...

That was such a fun day! good job Bo you did so great! We will have to do that again sometime! thanks again for letting me tag along, you guys are such an awesome family!

Merrill's said...

Way to go Bo! What a BIG goal to accomplish. You will always remember your 1st race. Congratulations!

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

Go BO! That was so much fun and everybody did awesome. Bo is such a cute kid. Now that i have had some rest and my soreness is going away i may consider running another race:) I guess it wasn't that bad i am just really dramatic sometimes.
Thanks Vanessa for having such a cute family and being such a good example of a good mommy.
P.s. i owe you some sour cream.