Friday, June 6, 2008

Baby Bella's first word!


















Tonight I was supposed to be at work - long story short I'm home until 11pm. We were outside with the neighbor's dogs (one of our favorite things to do) - and all of the sudden Bella said, "dog - dog"!! I was SO happy that I was here to share in the excitement of her first word! She just kept saying it over and over - "Dog"! The bottom photo with her and the dogs captures the moment! She also had her first cup of strawberry milk and her first chance to lick the spoon I used to make cookies - she was thrilled with both! She turns ONE next Sunday - she's getting so big! I can't believe how much I enjoy her - by the third child I think you can finally relax enough to really capture the spirit of being a mom and enjoy it!
*A side note! Bri also said a couple of her first words. Experience #1: Bo came over to me and said, "Mom, Bri just said the "H" word!" When I asked her about it she said, "No I didn't! I said, 'What the HELL!'" Experience #2: Bri was lifting a heavy bucket of sea shells off the table, she was struggling a bit with the weight of it. Soon she started to say, "Damn it! Damn it!" I said, "Bri what did you just say?" So, she repeated it clearer! Needless to say, out here swear words are normal! I have NEVER heard the "F" word as many times - I have never heard so much vulgarity in all my life - so much that my almost 5 year old is starting to think they are just the norm! Needless to say, we have had several heart to hearts!

6 comments:

Angie Cazier said...

geometry vice pres.!!! what up girlfriend. your fam is so darling. I love your blog. love ya, angie (aka geometry pres.)

Courtney said...

you are such a cute mom! i'm glad your out hee with us - and have joined the blogging world!
p.s. what is tammy's blog?

Steph said...

I have also been a bit upset over language my kids have heard this past school year. We teach in such a "diverse" school, which overall has been AWESOME for our boys, I think they needed the reality check that they really are blessed). Anyway, a lot of the kids take the name of the lord in vain. It is just normal to them. They hear it constantly at home. I am proud of Lewis for sticking up for himself. He mentioned the problem to the teacher and she was able to discuss it with the class. Those kids honestly did not know it was offensive. It ended up being a good learning experience all the way around.

Laura and her boys! said...

My boys have gone through the swearing phase as well. Tayler kept say, "what the hell." He wouldn't stop. It didn't help that I couldn't help laughing every time because he said it when it was appropriate! I finally had to resort to Tabasco sauce. His potty mouth cleaned up right away!

boandmarianne said...

We love reading your blog - go Yankees! I am still laughing over the language issues! What in the world are you teaching your children? he he

Reese Gang said...

It's so nice to hear that my kids aren't the only ones with potty mouths. Last week my pregnant sister about to deliver spelled out A-S-S. Jackson says, "You mean ass?" We were laughing so hard. This was of course after the lecture from Cory that the adults needed to watch their mouths. Opps!