Sunday, June 15, 2008

Strawberry Festival - Media, PA























This past Saturday Tam and I took our kids (Mike and Jeriah work ALL day on Sat.) to the Strawberry Festival in Media! Strawberry Festivals are the thing out here - I've seen a few of them! Part of it was a fair with carnival rides - I was amazed by my kids! They have suddenly gotten brave?! They rode a ton of the BIGGER rides - I love them, but usually they are scared to death on anything fast! It was fun to see them enjoy themselves! I enjoyed it too - but it was SO HOT! We are having a little heat wave out here - so not only are we getting used to the heat, but adapting to the humidity as well! The picture of Bella's back shows a little "humidity hair." You sweat out here like never before - sweat literally pours off of you - sick I know! I'm so glad I cut my hair - I'd be hating my long hair right about now!

There was a beautiful orchard where you could pick your own stawberries! Through the year they have all kinds of fruit that's all pick your own. There's a hay ride to get you out the strawberries! My kids loved the picking (including Bella who was covered in strawberries!) I don't know if it's because you pick your own, but they tasted WONDERFUL! Another great day in PA!!

9 comments:

Aleisha said...

How fun!

Laura and her boys! said...

Oh, I love fresh Strawberries!!! If I was there, I don't know if any would have made it home! Sounds like such a great day though.

Steph said...

That's weird that you are having a heat wave. We are having such a mild summer so far. I don't even know what to do with it! It's been nice, for a change, to spend long hours outside without having to be RIGHT next to a pool!

Merrill's said...

You keep going and going . . . You never sit down, do you? I bet that humidity is not very fun. Oh well, it doesn't stop you at all. Keep up the good spirits!

Lacey said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE picking strawberries!! We would go all the time in Oregon and I would give anything to be doing it again right now. They are so yummy!!

Mandi Brown said...

can you believe I found you............ha ha, I didn't know you had a blog, should have known. Wow what a summer so you just packed up and left, good for you. Now you and mike are both working???Fill me in. Check us out and let me know www.inthebrownzbusiness.blogspot.com

Cassie said...

Wow! I am so jealous you guys look like you are having so much fun. I saw your blog link on the merrill's.
I can't beleive how green it is there. Have fun! Cassie Jenkins

Grandma Penny said...

Tell Bella happy birthday and mike happy fathers day! I will bring bella's birthday present and mike's fathers day present when i come to visit. We love you and miss you all!

Bret and Jake said...

sounds like you guys are having fun. we're jelous i wish we could be out there. tell bo we said hi