Saturday, August 16, 2008

Too many blessings!!

Being a single working mom my first week - not SO bad. Being a single working mom my second week - getting MUCH tougher. I had a few times where I have just broke down. I'm not good at accepting service from others, I'd much rather be on the giving side then on the receiving... I just had to do a post of a few of the blessings that have come to us this week.

1. Bo's Advair (a respiratory med he uses for his asthma twice a day) malfunctioned in PA and he wasn't able to use it. I was ticked as we have been on it for about 3 years and never had one not work. When we came home I brought it with me. The other morning Bo started to cough, a sign that he needed his Advair. Me, not wanting to spend $175 (my cost without insurance) took it the pharmacy where we had got it filled (IHC Outpatient Pharmacy) - they gave me a brand new disc!! I was thrilled - literally saved me $175!! YAHOO! I almost jumped across the counter to plant one on him!

2. Bella has been fussy since we have been home. I wasn't sure if it was teeth, all the changes in our life... I knew I needed to take her to the doctor but hated to spend the $ if it was nothing. On Thursday night my sister-in-law, Genis was babysitting while I worked. She took her over to Dr. Steve Clark (who is in our ward) - sure enough AN EAR INFECTION! He called in an antibiotic and Gen even went to pick it up. It's hard for me to impose on people, I don't know how long I would have waited to take her in?! Dr. Clark was darling and told me to call him anytime... Thank you Gen and Dr. Clark!!

3. I have had dinners brought in twice this week - Thank you Shauna and Melis!! I feel guilty accepting dinners after I have a baby because I feel so good... This week I SO appreciated the meals - I feel like I'm so busy, I barely have time to eat - much less cook. We have had more Top Ramen and hot dogs, I really don't mind either one, but the home cooked meals tasted wonderful. THANK YOU Shauna for watching Bells while she was sick and onry - you're so good to me! Thank you also Shauna for letting me borrow you van for my TWO carpools (one to each of my kids schools). Tam's car won't fit 11 kids at one time?! Thank you Tam for letting borrow your car and your laptop to keep up on my blogging while our computer (and van) are in PA!!

4. Kind neighbors and wonderful family constantly checking on us. Thank you Rebecca for thinking of me when you went to the store today, seeing if I needed anything!! Thank you Bret and Micheline for keeping Bo and Bri last night - they had a BALL!

5. Penny has saved me this week as my babysitter I had figured out quit at the last second. She also kept Bella last night - she checked on her 3 times in the night!! Too good to us!!

6. Genis went over and above the call, keeping my kids overnight and all the next day - until I wake up at 1 pm. She was so sweet about them, making me feel like it was no trouble at all to have them!! (I KNOW anytime you have 2 babies it's hard!) Then, she called today to take Bri to the lake (I was WAY too tired to go along!) Thank you Gen!

7. My sisters - Sherisa and Jelisa - THANK YOU! They have stayed over here once a week, allowing my kids to be in their own house and own beds. It also saves me from having to pack them up... My kids adore their aunts - Bella couldn't stop kissing Loudie the night they stayed over. I LOVE YOU TWO!!

Right now I literally take it one day at a time - I start to stress if I do more then that! About 2 1/2 weeks and Mike will be home, I can't wait! Tam comes in a few days, I can't wait to see her! I have a new appreciation for single mom's. How do they do it? I stay up late cleaning the house, then wake up early to get Bo off to school... I'm in awe by women and what they can accomplish when they put their minds to it!! I KNOW we are being watched over right now, I can feel it by all the support. I don't know what I would do if I was alone - thank you all SO much!!

6 comments:

Aleisha said...

That is seriously sooooo awesome! You have some great friends and family. Hang in there. Keep up the good work. You are amazing.

Lacey said...

Hang in there Ness. You are definitely watched over. I wish I lived down there to have those cute kids at my house for the night!! I am missing Mike for you too....a month is a long time to be without your hubby!! You two are too good together to be apart for so long! Love you Ness!

Zac-ShaunaFamily said...

There really isn't anyone more deserving of blessings in their lives. You are such a great example of service to everyone around you. All of us Weilands consider YOU a blessing in our lives! We really don't know what we would do without you. We just love the Barbens!!!

Anonymous said...

Ness, Bless your heart, Wow! I'm just so thankful to everyone so willing to help you out as well. I sure love you and I know that the Lord loves you and is definately watching out for you. I sure love you and think you are over and above amazing. Give your kids a big hug and kiss from Aunt Tam and tell them their cousins Vince and Archie miss them to bits.

The Johnson's said...

I feel your pain, when we were still in St. George and Miah was up here, the weeks were really long! There's just something about being able to share the burden with your hubby. I am sure he is missing you too, and wishing he was there helping. Hang in there, it will soon be just a memory.

Jaime said...

Oh aren't family & friends wonderful? You are just the best, how could they resist?! It's time for you to sit back and let the stress of it just roll off your shoulder and let others take care of it. Did i just sound like a fortune cookie or what? Great job on keeping everything going, I know it's hard sometimes.