Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 911...

I've been thinking today a lot of 9-1-1! Just wanted to do a post to remember the time we were able to spend at ground zero (and also at the Pentagon where the plane entered the building - unfortunately no pictures allowed!) This picture is looking down into the hole - you can see it's still kind of a mess! Look on the building in the back, those are pictures of what they project it to look like when they are rebuilt!
PEACE!!
Directly across the street (ground zero is on the left) is a fire station - look at this awesome fire truck!

It is truly a hallowed place! SO many innocent people who lost their lives - I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be there on Sept. 11! I was scared to death 1/2 way across the country...
Once the fire truck backed in a fire fighter invited us to come in - there's a memorial on the left (you can't see it) to the fire fighters who have lost their lives... An amazing sacrifice to make for someone you don't know!!
Can't wait to see what we do with this! I'm grateful to live in America - I truly LOVE this country!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Wasn't that a great place to visit? I loved it. REally made you appreciate firefighters and neat to see. Love your pictures!

Anonymous said...

Don't say things about visitors if you're not serious. I'm really wanting visitors right now. I'm really missing having family and friends. It's been a tough couple of days, and I just would love it more than anything if you'd all come and visit us. PLEASE come, and soon!!! Love all the updates, wish I could have been there at Bo's baptism, and totally agree about 911, I too thought much abou it yesterday. Love ya,
Tam

Marcae said...

WHat a great post. I'm sure that your kids will really appreciate being able to see such a historical place.

Mandi Brown said...

wow, I still can't believe that even happened. And you have a kid that is baptized woah. Welcome home Mike, I bet that summer now that it's over was worth it. Good Job. Love the kiddos

Niels and Kayla said...

that was such a neat place to visit! im going to miss living so close to new york...it really hits hard when you can see it, and picture what happened there that day...so sad..

Laura and her boys! said...

It's so cool that you actually got to see the site! It's crazy to think it was 7 years ago when it feel just like yesterday, but at the same time, seems like it happened forever ago. Kind of crazy?

Braydon Nielsen said...

Hey I love the NY pics, You have such a cute family. It is so fun to see your family. Hope everything is going well. Talk to ya later!!!