Thursday, September 25, 2008

TIME OUT!!!

Sometimes you just need a TIME OUT!! Last Friday night 15 of us from our neighborhood went to Vegas (with no kids/husbands) for "Time Out for Women!!" It was a BLAST!! 2 days of great times with the girls!! Part of us stayed over night - our room was up until 4 am - which was GREAT for me - I just couldn't sleep and the company was WONDERFUL!!
Here's the WHOLE group on Saturday!! When Mike and I moved to our new house one of the reasons we did it was because we were wanted our kids to have good friends. I had NO IDEA how much it would also bless my own life! I have made SUCH great friends there - seriously AMAZING women! I'm SO grateful to have them in my life!
One of the best parts about Las Vegas - THE FOOD!! This is the 11 of us who stayed over - eating a midnight meal at P.F. Changs! YUM!!
Here's the whole group before after the conference at "Cheesecake Factory." Again, YUM!!
I have to admit the speakers weren't quite as good as I had hoped for (but I had high expectations.) What I LOVED were the singers. Hilary Weeks and the band who sings/performs "Joseph - A Nashville Tribute." One thing I did learn (among others) was, "When the horse is dead - GET OFF!!" (My kids laugh their heads off everytime we talk about it!) A FABULOUS weekend - can't wait to do it again! It's in St. George next year!! :)
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Steph said...

Hey! I recognize some of my friends from that brood! Looks like a blast! Time out is GOOOD!!!

Lacey said...

What a fun time!! I'm sure it was a blast....I wouldn't survive without girls nights. Sure wish you and I could have a girls night! Luvs!

jeny said...

what an awesome neighborhood! sounds alot like mine:)

no, my boys aren't in the same class...Josh has the same 4th grade teacher that Jacob had last year. They are just one grade apart

Laura and her boys! said...

I wanted to go to this so badly! You did make me feel better by saying the speakers weren't so good, but the weekend away in Vegas would have been heavenly! And I love Hilary Weeks. I'm glad you took the time. You totally deserve it!

Jaime said...

How FUN! YOu're neighborhood of cute girls looks awesome - what a great idea to go together! see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I went to "Time Out" with my friends last year (it was here in Phoenix) and had such a wonderful time too! SO FUN!!

Love the pics and stories of your kids--they are darling!

We are excited for Bo and his baptism--tell him congrats from us!

The Johnson's said...

So much fun to see all you girls, I had forgotten what a big bunch of gals there were down there! Will you please give Renae my blog address and tell her I miss her!

Brad and Genis Barben said...

Wasn't it a great time. So glad we could all go together! Love Ya! Hope things go well at orientation in ICU these next few weeks. What a gal!

Dana said...

Ness,

Thanks for the comment and yes Bri is working out of town I just haven't wanted to post it on my blog, you know for all the freaks to see. I hope Mike is able to find a job soon. Brian did have a whole lot of luck around here so he is working up in Roosevelt for now.

Courtney said...

now that is what i need! except i think i would just want to sleep if i had a few days without kids. i can't wait to come to st. george one of these weekends, i love it there!

Jordan and Mandy said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! ..I don't know when we will be coming down next but we will let you guys know when we do. We really miss your family!

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

Hey! Found your blog and just wanted to say hi! It's been too long! Mine's at www.kdjacobson.blogspot.com
*hugs*

AnnDee said...

So -- just caught up on the last month of the Barbens! I can't believe Bo is 8 and now accountable. :) Time flies. Time out looked fun -- everyone needs a time out once in a while(especially moms).

How fun your mom was in town. I'm sure she just adores your kids -- they are so darling.

I'm glad Mike is back safe and sound and that he reached his goal. Nothing feels better than that! GO MIKE!

SO - things are good here! I agree, the 3rd prego is harder, but it may just be because I'm the big 3-0-. OLD!! :)

Love you guys! keep on blogging! I'm bad at staying up to date, but absolutely LOVE catching up on everyone.

Schimmy said...

Sad to see I missed such a great trip. Looks like you guys had a good time.