Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Stiches for Bell...

Mom, before you read this - Bella is FINE!! I have tried to call you MULTIPLE times!! Not to worry...

So, Sunday I was just relaxing watching conference - listening to an AMAZING talk from Pres. Monson. All of the sudden blood curling scream from Bell - she was upstairs in Bri's room! The day before, the foot on one of Bri's porcelain dolls had broke - unbeknown to me - the broken foot was still on the ground! I didn't look that sharp (after the cut) - but it sliced her foot open just like a razor blade!!
What to do in a crisis?! Run across the street to Shauna! I was in my bathrobe and Bella was in her diaper. Shauna and I ran out the door (in our socks - I did throw some sweats on) to the Hubbard's (they were in our last ward!) John was SO nice - took us to his clinic and stitched her up - even has called this week to check on her!
So, 10 stitches later - and a MAJOR freak out - she's on her way again! Every time we take of her sock and she can see the bandage she bawls! If I'm changing the bandage - you'd think the world was coming to end! She is always telling us, "Ow!" Only she says it about the wrong foot?! I'll be SO glad when the stitches are out - and the drama is OVER!!


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

about us said...

Ness....I heard you were looking for me, but I found you first! It is so fun to "spy" on your cute little family on your blog! We need to chat sometime and catch up. Check out our blog if you feel so inclined...
Mels

Cassie said...

I don't even know which to comment on first. Such Cute pictures of your kids. I love the soccor pics. And blue hair! Zac sounds like a great coach!
I am so sorry about little Bella's foot. She is such a sweet heart!

The Johnson's said...

I'm glad that even being a nurse you panicked and ran to Shauna's. I would have called my sister and then freaked out! Hope she's up and running!

Zac-ShaunaFamily said...

I hope Bella is feeling better. How nice of Jon to call.
I might have a "cute" dress for Bri if she wants, but it is not yellow. I even know how to braid, send her over.

Amberlee said...

Seriously, your kids are so cute. I can not believe how blue their eyes are. Poor Bella, I hope she is doing better.

Merrill's said...

Oh your poor little Bell. Knock on wood - we haven't done stitches yet. When it does happen, I will be going to the Clark's house for sure. I don't do well in those situations. I hope Bell gets better soon.

Aleisha said...

Oh how sad. She is so little to have to get stitches. My Mom said I got some stitches on my chin when I was 18months old and they had to strap me on the table to get me to hold still.

Courtney said...

oh that is too sad! cute bella. we have had that house for about a year and we just rent it out..just trying to find new renters. i WISH it was the house we lived in!

Brad and Genis Barben said...

YOu wouldn't even know she had stitches seeing her run around, she is definitely doing well that way! All the pictures are so cute. The soccer ones are especially darling, what cute little girls.