Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"That's love!"

Recently I had a patient who was about ready to die. She had been unresponsive for most of the morning. When her husband came in to see her he leaned over her in tears and said, "Do you know how much I love you?" She nodded - clearly a response to her husbands question. He asked again and she nodded again. I looked at him and said, "That's amazing!" He replied, "That's not amazing - that's love!" (I chocked back my tears!)

Thankfully Mike and I made the decision to go back east this summer and thankfully Mike did GREAT because we are now living on one income (with some savings if we need it)! We feel VERY blessed to have minimal debt and I feel VERY thankful to have my education! I'm glad I'm able to make a decent income, I'm glad I only have to work 3 days a week to be full time! I'm grateful for 2 wonderful managers at the hospital!! We have too much to be thankful for to be depressed about our situation - there are SO many MUCH worse off then we are!! I'm SO thankful for a wonderful husband who has done a GREAT job managing the home, bills, car pools, lessons..... Many things that are new to him! He's stepped up the plate and so have I - we're a TEAM! That's LOVE!!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey--I heard you transferred to ICU--that's great--you'll have some really great experiences! I'll watch for ya when I'm there late:) We had our pictures done yesterday--I'm anxious to see how they turn out.

Grandma Julie said...

Yes my love...that is love. You are both blessed to be surrounded by love. Can you please add the Diamond Rio song that is political to my site? I still do not know how to write words. Also, will you ask Jamie to forward a CD on to me please...love Mom

Lacey said...

You two have always been an great "TEAM"!! Such a neat story about that couple.
Wow!! I've always been so impressed with your ability to make any situation into a good one.
Love you guys!!

Colby & Brenda said...

I count my blessings all the time too, I am so glad I have the wonderful husband and family I do. We couldn't work without help from the great men in our lives. Experiences like that at work seem to bring it all back into perspective, eh??? We are glad to have you in the ICU...when do you come to my night shift??

Zac-ShaunaFamily said...

We sure love you guys. We are so lucky to have such great friends. You are both great examples in so many ways. We don't know what we would do without you!

Micki said...

Vaness, I have been trying to get ahold of you, we need to talk sister! Your blog is cute and I like that I can just pull ya on up and see whats been going on. Call me or I will make a nite time visit to the hospital! Love, Mick

Jaime said...

That's LOVE too! You guys are amazing! Not every guy would step up to the challenges of a mom - I'm learning lots of the same type of things and guess what attitude is EVERYTHING! You have that down pat! So glad I have you as a friend - you have taught me lots in the short time...sorry to hang up on you so soon the other day and it didn't work out to see you and get pics :( Call me anytime to chat or say HI I would LOVE it!!

Laura and her boys! said...

That's the sweetest story ever! Someday!!!!

Jess said...

Good for you guys! We are working on that too! How is ICU?