Thursday, December 4, 2008

St. Louis, MO

What a week!!! I haven't even had ONE minute to BLOG about our awesome trip! We just got back (Wed. morning at 3:45)! Every year Penny (my mother-in-law) takes one of her kids and their spouse on the trip of their choice... This year was Mike and my turn - we talked about a cruise - looked at going to Hawaii... We ended up going to ST. LOUIS - Mike's dream come true!!

Mike's sister, Tammy, lives in Terre Haute, Indiana so we were able to see them for a week and spend Thanksgiving with them too! We have missed the heck out of them - anyone who follows our blog knows the time we spent with them this summer in Philly!! They live 3 hours from St. Louis - I have a feeling we'll be seeing them again before they move!
Every week when Mike watches the Rams play he drools over St. Louis! Here's the Mississippi River - we went on Tom Sawyer's river boat for a tour! It was a little chilly, but they had a place you could go inside and drink hot chocolate! Penny told us stories about Tom and Huck! We all loved the boat ride!
This picture is from on the river boat with the arch behind us. Here's our whole group - Mike and my family, Tam and Jeriah + family - Penny and Gordon - and Jeff! Our hotel was within walking distance of the arch, Mississippi River, the court house and most importantly the Edward Jones dome!! :)
Look how DARLING the river boat is...
One last shot of our group in front of our hotel - which was very nice!! Right in front of where we were standing was horse and carriages - so cute! The town was decorated for Christmas - but, honestly it wasn't what we expected?! It wasn't all the people we were used to this summer in the big cities - just a little dead?! Interesting....

9 comments:

Grandma Julie said...

Hey cool!! Where are the RAMS pictures? Were some of those winter hats from all of the ones I buy for Colorado? The Arches bring a sad feeling for me but they are beautiful. mom

Aleisha said...

How awesome for you guys. It looks like great fun.

Braydon Nielsen said...

St Louis, how cool was that. This is the best time of year, not as humid.. It looks like you guys had a blast, a barben blast... LOL :) Where are the game pics??

Jaime said...

How fun and great that you could be with Tammy and Jeriah! You all just look great and what a neat place to visit!

AnnDee said...

What a fun trip! Oh the midwest! if only I could get my siblings to visit me!! I guess I need a die hard fan or something that could draw them here! :) Hope to see you guys at Christmas! love ya

Two Peas in a Pod Bow-tique said...

It looks like you guys had a great time... I didn't know that Mikey's sister lives in Terre Haute. I have lots of clients there and we are about an hour from there. You are lucky you came to the Midwest and missed the humidity, but I'm sure you got the experience of BONE cold wind chill! See you guys in a couple of weeks!

Koni Hunter said...

Vanessa!
Yeah, I found your blog. I was looking at Amber Southwick's blog and saw your name listed. I hoped it was you and it was!! Yes, please include me when you go private. My email is: thehuntershome@msn.com
I have been reading your blog and getting caught up on your life. Nothing has changed with you Vanessa, you are still as wonderful and beautiful and happy as I remember you! I love how postive you are about life and your family. What a fun blog to read. Thanks for sharing!!! Your kids are incredible beautiful. The bear for sis was the cutest thing ever. That comes from good parenting. Love ya Ness!
Koni

Koni Hunter said...

ps-
send me your email address and I'll include you in my monthly family updates!
Koni

Laura and her boys! said...

Penny is so awesome to do this. I'm not sure that I would have picked St. Louis, but it looks like you guys had a lot of fun!