Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mike under arrest?


Here's the "office." There are 40 guys selling with Mike! It's a lot harder work then we had anticipated; still we are glad to be here and hoping for more success! Mike is doing a great job if he could just stop getting picked up by the police! He has been questioned by the cops twice now and asked to leave the area TWO days in row! Last week there were some APX sales guys that knocked a door - went in and talked to the home owner about getting an alarm - the guy didn't buy. An hour later he left and when he came home his house had been robbed! So, the police are ON IT! The first time SIX cops cars with lights flashing came and knocked a ladies door right as Mike was selling her a system (which fell through by the way because Mike had to leave). They ran his social security number and did a back ground check, in the end they asked him to leave and not come back! Then, today more cops in a new area! I guess he looks pretty intimidating?! I wouldn't let him carry his license because I didn't want him to get his wallet stolen in these scary areas; he now his ID for the next encounter with the police!

11 comments:

Lacey said...

Yeah!! So excited to see you blogging! You're going to love it.
Sure looks like you guys are having so much fun and having a great learning experience. I'm excited to see what else you guys do while you're out there! Mike better be safe!!

L and T said...

Way to go Vaness, starting a blog, theres no turning back now.
We are missing you guys!

Rhi said...

Hi Vanessa! Nan sent forwarded us an email with your blog address so I decided to check it out. Very cute. This blog stuff is fun and very addicting and since I don't scrapbook, it's a great way to share what we are up to. You're one brave girl to try the nursing thing out there! I'm excited to see how your first day goes. Good Luck!!!!

Merrill's said...

Hey, Melissa told me about your blog and that I needed to check it out. Very impressive! Be careful - blogging is addictive. :)

Reese Gang said...

Vaness, your blog looks great! I am so glad you guys are enjoying yourselves out there in Philly. It is great to hear about the places you are visiting. Keep it up.

Britania said...

Good luck to you guys, have a great time out of UT, but be safe. Your blog is cute, its nice to check up on people from time to time.

jeny said...

WOW, I heard about your adventure to the east. Sounds like you are seeing some cool stuff! I hope everything works out for you guys.
Take care, JENY.

LACY said...

Vanessa! I am so excited you are blogging and I can't wait to hear more fun stories of your summer!

Marcae said...

Hi Vanessa...
How are you? I'm so glad taht you have started a blog...and how darling is your little family? I think the last time I saw you, you were pregnant with little Bella...what a little doll she is. It looks like you guys are having fun in PA. I was hoping we were going to have the Roper Family Reunion this year...I need to hit my dad up about it.
Anyway, I'm going to send you an e-mail for how I learned how to customize my blog. Hopefully, it will help you.
Have a great day!

Jami Hansen said...

Hey Vanessa,
Ya, I found your blog from Jeny. How are you & your family? I am made at the cops right know. All of us from Christensen's get pulled over by the same cop. He waits for us to get to work & finds any excuse to pull you over. He makes you cry cause he is so mean. I love your blog.You've got such a cute family. l

AnnDee said...

I didn't know you blogged! I just saw Tammy's last week, but she didn't mention yours. Send me an email and I'll invite you to ours. anndeenadauld@hotmail.com

Your family is so cute. I hope we get to see you this summer, we are 7 hours from you!! I told Tammy you guys should plan a road trip to the hill cumora pagent with us. My mom is trying to talk aunt Penny into it!! :)