Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Bake Sale!!


Bo has been wanting an I-pod for quite a while and we haven't wanted to spend the $money$ on one!! But since we have been in PA he has become my babysitter during the day while I sleep! He babysits Bri and Bella after Mike goes to work at 12:30 until I wake up at 2 -2:30. He knows he can call Tam anytime if he needs help - or get me in my closet, but so far he never has! He's always so proud - most days he'll say, "Go back to bed, I got it!" He earns money for football cards, Star Wars guys, new basketball - whatever he's wanting every couple weeks! I have wanted to buy an I-pod for him but he didn't want to wait! His Uncle Jeriah had a great idea! A BAKE SALE!!

Tam and I baked most of the night last night and this morning they sold to Mike and Jeriah's co-workers!! They made about $75 - barely enough for a MP3! Bo loves it!! It even came with the arm strap so he can wear it running (he and Tam go in the mornings)! It was GREAT!! The guys in Mike's office were SO cute to our kids - most of them bought several things - easy sales! The kids are already talking about our next sale, selling popscicles at the pool...... I love seeing them EARN things they want!

















Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
3 cups of sugar
6 eggs
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
12 ripe bananas
1 tsp. soda
6 cups flour
Lots of LARGE chocolate chips (this makes it!)
Bake at 350 for 30 mins.
(Use the BIG muffin pans/liners)


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

L and T said...

way to go Bo! Did Bri get a cut? It looks like she helped!

Rhi said...

I'm so glad you put a recipe on for bananas. I have a ton at home and I need to use them! Looks like your bake sale went well!

jeny said...

my kids love to sell stuff to earn money. the boys had another successful day at farmer's market last weekend. i'm glad they are so willing to work for their money....it's cute.

Lacey said...

What a good mom to support him and teach him to earn things!! It's so hard to stick with those kind of things for me.

Rachel Doyle said...

That is a great idea -- I think its so great that you are teaching him the value of a dollar and that you have to work for the things you want -- a lesson many need to learn.

Laura and her boys! said...

Great idea! My boys are always looking for ways to get money. They go through their toys regularly and have garage sales. They've never made $75. WOW!