Thursday, June 19, 2008

PA Update


Today Tam and I were just pulling into our apartments when I spotted it!! A white wicker chair by the garbage cans in perfect condition! It even has the pillow still - I was thrilled! Everyone has the cutest little porches here - most people have table and chairs - some have hanging pots of flowers (I have wanted to buy one SO bad) or flowers in pots! Now, the Barben's have ONE chair (and a lifetime supply of kids bikes and scooters)! The weather has dramatically cooled off - in fact we turned off our air conditioner! I'm looking forward to a relaxing afternoon with my new book on my porch sitting in my new chair! Don't you just love finding a bargain?!
A few days ago I marinated some chicken (I'll include the recipe). I looked forward to eating it ALL day, it's my favorite marinade!! When I put the chicken on the grill in was overcast - in the next 15 minutes it turned to a DOWNPOUR!! I don't kow if you can tell from this picture - I looked like I had just stepped out of the shower! Water was literally dripping off my hair! It rains and rains here - once it starts it usually doesn't quit for the entire day! It was worth it - DELICIOUS DINNER!! I'll do anything for a good meal! I was also thinking of Mikey out in this mess knocking doors! I can't complain that much!
Utah Turkey Marinade
1 -12 oz Sprite (or more)
6 oz. soy sauce
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. garlic powder (I add extra)
1 tsp. horseradish (I add extra)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Steph said...

You are such a great cook! My hoe is to one day LOVE it like you do! I love coming to your house for barbecues because you go ALL out! I want to be like that someday! You are my inspiration! Oh, p.s. I am IN LOVE with your "Why Blog?" President Hinckley quotes on the side bar of your blog. I hope you don't mind, but I copied and pasted them to my blog! I am trying to convince more of my family to start blogging. I think those quotes are JUST what they need to see. I hope you don't mind, but you are brilliant and I just had to steal!

Anonymous said...

Woah, girl! You are spending a lot of time on your blog! It looks so awesome, but it seems like I don't have the time anymore to read others and work on mine as much as I used to!

Work is going great. I love it! I am in Provo at a week long training and love my job more and more everyday. Yes, I'm shocked, too!

I love your pics. You guys look happy and well. Happy Birthday, Bella!

Miss you guys!
Karen

Lacey said...

I can't wait to try out that marinade...it sounds yummy. You must have really been craving it to do it in the pouring down rain.

Cassie said...

That chicken looks so good! I am going to make it for sure.
You guys look like you are having so much fun.
I love the chair. I have taken stuff that people have left for the garbage man many times. Good Job!

Erin said...

I think this is the same marinade my parent's make. It's SOOO good! Only I think they use 7-up, so I'm sure it tastes the same.

Laura and her boys! said...

This is my favorite marinade minus the horse radish! I also love the President Hinckley quotes and picture. Such a great idea.

Anonymous said...

I agree, a good dinner is totally worth it :)!

I am excited to hear all is well with you guys--it is fun to keep in touch this way!