Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, we made it home.... After about 5 1/2 hours on a plane... Really not as bad as I thought it would be. Bella took off down the aisle a few times - she only slept ONE hour (even with TWO doses of Benedryl) - but for a one year old I thought she did well! She did poop on take off and again on landing - the ONLY time you can't get get out of your seat - not that I would have known where to change her anyway?!
My big kids were wonderful!! They were completely entertained by their sticker books from Grandma Julie!! (Thank you SO much Mom - once again you saved the day!) It was GREAT to see my dad at the airport - THANK YOU for getting us dad! I had to unpack the boxes (I didn't plan on flying home so I only brought ONE suitcase) I brought because there wasn't enough room in the trunk!!
When I got home my sisters, brother and step mom were here! SO great to see them!! WE were lonesome for them! Also, Shauna and Genis and their kids were here to greet us!! (At 10 pm!!) My kids were thrilled to see their friends - they had made signs, brought treats - and stocked with us some milk and Pop-Tarts for breakfast! I came home to a clean house - Shauna and Genis had cleaned it for me (we had some people stay here several days while we were gone!) THANK YOU SO MUCH SHAUNA AND GENIS!! What a GREAT surprise! Getting into clean beds and clean tubs!! I loved it!
I forgot how nice it is to be in Utah! I won't lie - I love my house! It's nice to be home - there's no place like home! I can't wait to have Mike home too!! I'm getting a taste of what it's like to be a single mom - 24 hours down - 29 days to go!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you made it home! What a great family you have to help take care of you...29 days will go by so fast with school starting next week & all. I'll call you a little later. We got the package last night! again...thank you, thank you!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you're home safely. I'm jealous you had a home to come home too. It is going to be so wierd to drive by my house and see renters in it. A part of me is so sad and just wishes I were doing the same thing, coming home to HOME! These next couple of months are going to be somewhat of a mess, I'm not going to lie, I'm not looking forward to them. We are good, we went to Duetch Wonderland with the crew and had a great time, the boys loved it. Erin drove out with me in the van. She is so fun and easy to talk to. It is wierd around here without you though. My boys and I both feel it, but we are good. Miss you tons, and lets try to talk today.

jeny said...

glad you made it home safe.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vannesa!
It seems like you guys had a good time. I'm glad you made it back safely.
Love, Jocey

Aleisha said...

Welcome Home. You had such a great experience this summer but it is always nice to be back home. I am so glad you have such good friends and family to welcome you in.

Grandma Julie said...

Ness I hope to hear from you soon. I am glad you are safely home...now I just need to get Donny here too. Don't forget about me.

Schimmy said...

Glad you guys made it home. Can't wait to see Bri on Sunday!

Niels and Kayla said...

oh man, your gone! it went by so fast, i will miss seein your adorable kids, it was so fun to get to know you! take care, and we will see you around st george! :)