Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Odds and Ends...

It's times like this that I know I'm getting old!!! I don't feel that old until I go back to the high school I went to and see the same play we did when I was there!!

Last Friday Mike and I went with my step-mom and sisters to see DIXIE HIGH perform "Joseph and Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat!" They did a SUPER job - but, really it would have to be pretty bad for me not to enjoy Joseph! Brought back nothing but FOND, WONDERFUL memories! I seriously LOVED high school - although I'd never want to do it again!! :)
My two little soccer players had their last soccer game this last Saturday - we'll be gone next Saturday!! :( They both did a fantastic job! Bo has always been a great player - very intense, very good!! He plays wonderful defense and almost always scores at least one goal! His coach, Greg, is the most patient man alive - he was SUPER! (Sorry we were so flaky about practices - you were WONDERFUL Greg!!)
Bri did MUCH better then I thought she would - last week she scored the only goal her team scored! Zac was the CUTEST coach (THANK YOU ZAC!!) He made it SUCH a positive experience for Bri - she can't wait to play again next year!! Bo got frustrated with Bri because he wanted her to run faster and be more aggressive... I was overjoyed with how well she did! It was a great soccer season for the Barben family!
LOOK HOW CUTE! I woke up to this yesterday! Bri colored it and taped it to our front door! She had copied the writing from a sign on our wall and then colored the picture! See Bell in my arms?! The only problem - either Bo or Mike isn't included in our family picture?! Still, I die over it - I told everyone to leave it on the door - sometimes I need a little reminder of the BIG picture!!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Aleisha said...

I went to Joseph also. It was really fun to go and see it. It did bring back lots of memories.

Jaime said...

So cute! Hey Vaness, I put the waffle recipe up just for YOU! It in the post with the other recipes...Enjoy :)

Shauna said...

I ♥ your blog! Thanks for sharing :)

Laura and her boys! said...

I love the picture! Dylan draws us all the time too. I love how their little minds work.

Braydon Nielsen said...

I keep saying what a cute family, and I mean it. You guys rock!!!! ;)
Hope all is going well. I have sent you an invite to my blog now that it is private. L8R

McArthur said...

Vanessa! Hi it's terran how are you!! you are so cute!! i miss working with you and can I say that your kids are gorgeous! cute little Barben family!! I went private on my blog but e-mail me your addy to mcarthurterran@gmail.com and i'll add you!!

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

Why is your family so perfectly adorable?!! i love to read about the funny interesting things that Bri has to say and do. Kelty is already starting to say some colorful things herself.

The Johnson's said...

I didn't catch your post when you put it up, so I hope you get this, 'cause I wanted to tell you how totally cute your hair is (the pic with Mike) ok I just wanted to tell you that!

Laura and her boys! said...

I have a question. I saw Mike at a coaches meeting for basketball the other night. Is he coaching Bo's team? And if he is, can Peyton play with them?