Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thank you Donna!!

Who is Donna?! Donna is the assistant to the head coach of the Rams! We LOVE Donna!! In anticipation for the BIG game Tam, Bo and I wrote letters about Mike's LOVE for the Rams - I mailed them (along with some photos) to every Ram's address I could find! Not really thinking anything would really happen... Guess what?! They got them and Donna (the coach's assistant) came up to welcome us to the game! She not only put a welcome on the marquee - but she brought us a Rams bag filled with hats, football cards, a signed program and a personal signed letter from the coach! WHAT A SURPRISE!!
Donna said if we'd come back next year she could get us field passes or good seat!! Needless to say, it's in the plans to go back next year! SO AWESOME! Can you believe it?!
You'll have to take my word for this - I just caught the tail end of the message! On the marquee it says, "Welcome Mike Barben and family!" Isn't that too cool?!
Posted by Picasa
See if you can see it any better on the video!!

19 comments:

Melissa said...

Holy cow--that is awesome--what a great idea to get a hold of Donna!!
I'm still curious to know about your blogging nightmare :)

Cates said...

Thanks for sharing your pics! Looks like you guys had an AWESOME time!!!

Cates said...

I forgot to ask who is Donna?

Jaime said...

That is incredible! Leave it to you to think of that, you genius you!

Megan Andersen said...

megryan6901@hotmail.com

Marie said...

What a great trip that you had. So much fun and so much to remember! Time to get those scrapbook supplies out!

Lacey said...

What a fun trip!! It's so funny, I would never think of going to St. Louis! But it really looks like fun. Glad you guys had a blast!

Lindsay said...

How fun for everybody! Was this a big family vacation or something? Or am I going to be surprised that you moved somewhere else now? Can't keep up with you. But you are all still so cute. fyi.

Steph said...

Fun! I have never been to a real football game. I actually have never even had the desire, but this looks super, duper, genuinely FUN!

The Johnson's said...

You guys must be living right! I think that we would all be dead on the ground if any of that happened to us, but in Green Bay of course. And Vanessa, you have now posted about Mike's team, your catching the bug!

Braydon Nielsen said...

Vanessa.. Love the rams pics... that looks like it was awesome. I have a question, who do you not write a letter to??? LOL maybe i should start writting letters, look what it got ya. Looks like another awesome barben blast!!!!

Grandma Julie said...

Yea!!! My daughter is finally a football fan!!! I want pictures of the 5 of you at the game and the kids in the Rams gear. Send it on over to Wal-Mart ok?? Mike you deserve all of this...what a dream come true for you. Of course I am still a Bronco fan...but I am very impressed with how sweet they were to my Bo.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like an AMAZING trip! How fun.

About coming up for Cjristmas--yes and no. We are coming up for a quick weekend before Christmas, but we will be home for the big day.

Hope all is well!

Jordan and Mandy said...

It looks like you guys had a really fun thanksgiving! The pictures were so fun to look at! I love your main picture of your family, it's way cute!

about us said...

What a fun trip! I got your message about Jeff...I can't remember what kind of cancer, but I don't think it's leukemia. Hope you guys are having a good holiday!

about us said...

O.K....I just found it, he has Aplastic Anemia....hopefully you know what that is...I sure don't!

Lindsay Ann said...

Ness- you have the cutest family ever! You are such a good mom. Looks like you guys had lots of fun at the game!

Laura and her boys! said...

How awesome!!! You must be pretty special people!

Brad and Genis Barben said...

Love all the pics, soooo cute! Hopefully next year we'll be in some of them too!