Thursday, February 26, 2009

Quality time with the Bushies

Last Saturday my family (the Bushnell's) got a GREAT idea to go for a family bike ride! Mike and I were excited - our bikes were dusty and our tires were flat from not being used! We fixed them up and off we went!

Bella wasn't a fan of the seat at first - once we started she did MUCH better! We just rode out by Tontaquint - we stopped by the new park out there which was a nice break for Bri! I'm ready to go again this Saturday!
Here's our whole group - my Aunt Mary and kids, my dad, brother and sister - and then the Barben fam! It was gorgeous weather - perfect for an outing! Mike and I have some friends - the Bankhead's - they inspire us to be more active in our daily lives! We don't do great about getting to the gym; I just want to incorporate exercise in my regular living!
On President's Day we went to Vegas with my family! We had big plans - many of which were spoiled by the rain! Still a great day - I didn't get my Vegas fill though! This carosel was in the factory outlets - Bella couldn't get enough! She kept signing "more" and "horse". Here's my girls with their aunt Risa (who was a very good sport to go along on our ride!) We'll have to go back soon!! :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Aleisha said...

How fun!! I took my kids on a bike ride the other day and it was so much fun. The weather is so beautiful this time of year!

Courtney said...

I love it! It was so fun to see you too and thank you for feeding us! Tell your sitter I'm so sorry we flaked on her. My friend showed up with her kids right before we were leaving and wanted to watch our kids. I feel so badly because I couldn't get a hold of her to tell her. I hope she will forgive me so I can call her next time!

The Johnson's said...

Hey Vanessa, I'm so dumb, I kept thinking your blog hadn't been updated, and I had forgotten you had gone private, so it won't update. So now I had to catch up all your cute pics. Can't believe Mike burnt weeds in the middle of the desert! And its fun to the b-ball and scout ones. I'll try to stay caught up now!

Laura and her boys! said...

I love riding bikes!!! And I totally taught Aunt Risa! Isn't that so funny?